Note: If you are not a Schenectady County Resident, please verity with your county of residence that this course is accepted in that county.
Once you register online for a course:
The total fee is $200,a $50 deposit then $150 payable AK Miller the first day of the course.
Follow the instructions below to submit the student application and payment via US Mail. You will receive a e-mail when payment is received and you are then confirmed in that course.
You may download the Advanced Firearms Course Instructions and the Advanced Course Application directly from the Schenectady County Clerk's website.
To confirm your reservation, print out and complete the Guan Ho Ha application form, please enter the date of the course you have register for on this form.
Mail it, along with a check or money order for $50.00, payable to Guan-Ho-Ha Fish & Game Club to:
A.K. Miller - PO Box 2723 - Glenville, NY 12325
Complete the following paperwork and include:
Mail the following documents to AK Miller no less than 1 week prior to the course date.
· Completed Guan Ho Ha - Registration Form.
· Completed Advanced Course Application
· Notarized letter, addressed to the Honorable Matthew J. Sypniewski, explaining why you are applying for an unrestricted permit. For sample letters, check here.
Upon completion of the course, you will be issued a Completion Certificate and an instructor's evaluation to include in the application package. Your completed application package will be submitted to the Schenectady County Clerk by the Instructor.
Required Equipment for Course:
· Eye & Hearing protection. A ball cap is also recommended.
· Suitable, registered, centerfire handgun, Rimfire is now allowed.
· At least two magazines/speed loaders/speed strips. 3 preferred.
· Strong side retention holster & suitable belt
· No laser sights. Red dot sights are acceptable.
· Enough ammunition for the course of fire outlined in instructions. 150 rounds are recommended. (If you have ammo issues, contact the instructor).
· Be sure to bring it all the above suitable range bag or box.