This course satisfies the training requirement set by the licensing agent in Schenectady County for issuing a New York State Pistol Permit.
To register for a course:
1. Go to the Calendar to find the course and the date and time you wish to attend.
2.Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org: include your name, date & which course you wish to attend - this email will be referenced to confirm your deposit per instructions below.
Follow the instructions below to submit the student information form and payment via US Mail.
To confirm your reservation, print out and complete this form please enter the date of the course you have register for on this form. Mail it, along with a check or money order for $30.00, payable to Guan-Ho-Ha Fish & Game Club, to:
A.K. Miller email@example.com
PO Box 2723
Glenville, NY 12325
If you are taking the class with someone, you may pay for multiple applications with a single check. Please send all related applications and the check in a single envelope.
An additional $30.00 will be collected at sign in for the class, to cover the cost of course materials.
Tuesday evening Courses begin at 6 PM and will conclude at 10:30 PM.
Saturday Morning Courses begin at 9 AM and will conclude at 1:30 PM.
No Walk ins allowed!
This course satisfies the training requirement set by the licensing agent in Schenectady County for the removal of restrictions from a New York State Pistol Permit.
Note: If you are not a Schenectady County Resident, please verity with your county of residence that this course is accepted in that county.
To register for a course:
1. Go to the Calendar and locate the course on the date and time you wish to attend.
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org: include your name, date & which course you wish to attend - this email will be referenced to confirm your deposit per instructions below.
3.Follow the instructions below to submit the student information form and payment via US Mail. You will receive a e-mail when payment is received and you are then confirmed in that course.
The total fee is $200,a $50 deposit then $150 payable AK Miller the first day of the course.
You may download the Advanced Firearms Course Instructions and the Advanced Course Application directly from the Schenectady County Clerk's website.
To confirm your reservation, print out and complete the Guan Ho Ha application form, please enter the date of the course you wish to register for on this form.
Mail it, along with a check or money order for $50.00, payable to Guan-Ho-Ha Fish & Game Club to:
A.K. Miller - PO Box 2723 - Glenville, NY 12325 email@example.com
Complete the following paperwork to submit the night of the course:
· Completed Advanced Course Application
· Notarized letter, addressed to the Honorable Matthew J. Sypniewski, explaining why you are applying for an unrestricted permit. For sample letters, check here.
Upon completion of the course, you will be issued a Completion Certificate and an instructor's evaluation to include in the application package. Your completed application package will be submitted to the Schenectady County Clerk by the Instructor.
Required Equipment for Course:
· Eye & Hearing protection. A ball cap is also recommended.
· Suitable, registered, centerfire handgun, Rimfire is now allowed.
· At least two magazines/speed loaders/speed strips. 3 preferred.
· Strong side retention holster & suitable belt
· No laser sights. Red dot sights are acceptable.
· Enough ammunition for the course of fire outlined in instructions. 150 rounds are recommended. (If you have ammo issues, contact the instructor).
· Be sure to bring it all the above suitable range bag or box.We will be practicing Social Distancing and will have the range and tables set up to comply.
Please bring and be prepared to properly wear a mask. There will be a form to complete for Guan Ho Ha, and we will provide cleaning supplies.